Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Confirmation: Weekly News & Notes














*Joe Klopus previewed the Prairie Village Jazz Festival for The Kansas City StarThe Pitch recommended Marilyn Maye’s headlining outing at the event.

*The Kansas City Business Journal reported that Kansas City is purchasing properties in the Jazz District.

*Jessie Riggins wrote an overview of the fall jazz agenda.

*Marcus Hampton was interviewed by Joe Dimino.

*Jeff Robinson, the man behind a play about Charlie Parker, was interviewed by Ron Knox.

*Nate Chinen highlighted Bobby Watson’s appearance at Smoke for The New York Times.

*Tweet o’ the Week: Bill Brownlee- 'll discuss second fiddles and the Prairie Village Jazz Festival with @stevekraske on @KCURUpToDate at 11:54 a.m. today.

*Comment o’ the Week: Mike Metheny- My apologies for the "wrath" once upon a time, Bill. I'm happy to report that I've mellowed considerably since the days when I was so full of myself and the master of overreaction and hyperbole. I must also add that my admiration for your skills as a music journalist has been at the highest level for 20-plus years now. Keep up the great work, and thanks for mentioning the new book. mm

(Original image by Plastic Sax.)

No comments: