Sunday, January 27, 2019

Fake Fest























What would an optimal three-day festival consisting of jazz artists based in or affiliated with Kansas City look like?  I used a Coachella lineup generator to answer that question.  While it’s marred by unfortunate omissions, I’m pleased by my effort.  I was forced to rearrange the order of the lineups and make a few odd name abbreviations to fit the template.  For instance, Tech N9ne backed by We the People should be the headliner of the groove-centric third day, but the number of characters didn’t fit.  Neither was I able to indicate that I wanted the Kansas City Jazz Orchestra to back Marilyn Maye on the swing-based opening night.  Three-day passes to the hypothetical event in the Crossroads Districts are $125.  Single-day admission is $50.

No comments: