Friday, August 15, 2008

Dimensions of Jay McShann


It's been almost two years since Jay McShann passed. I still mourn the loss.

McShann's music is eternal, of course, but the jazz giant's engaging presence can't be replicated. That's one reason the 1992 footage uploaded to YouTube by KMBC earlier this week is so wonderful.

Here's KMBZ's description of the video: "Jazz legend Jay McShann performs with keyboardist Everett Freeman on the April 14, 1992 edition of "Dimensions". "Dimensions" was a community affairs program that aired on KMBC-TV in the 1980s and 1990s and was hosted by Community Affairs Director Olivia Dorsey."

Freeman is currently a member of The Jazz Disciples.

YouTube offers the video in high definition.

1 comment:

bgo said...

My heartfelt thanks for bringing this to my attention. I met Jay several times and he was always gracious, kind, and full of life.

I miss him too, madly.

Bill O