Sunday, September 21, 2008

Temporarily Suspended






















I was quite annoyed Friday evening. Three days later, my aggravation has been replaced with concern.

I've been extolling the merits of the Mutual Musicians Foundation's Friday "Rush Hour" sessions since the program's inception. Offering a free Friday matinee jazz session in the historic building is a great idea that I've doggedly supported. Last Friday I dragged another potential convert to 1823 Highland.

We were met with a placard indicating that Rush Hour is "temporarily suspended." The Foundation's online event calendar indicated that Al Pearson and Heat Index would be performing. It also lists a September 26 program titled "Remembering the Ink Spots with Luqman & Lucky Wesley." I'd like to confirm this date at the artists' web sites, but um, neither man has one...

Do any Plastic Sax readers know what's going on?

No comments: