Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Confirmation: Weekly News & Notes

















*Hearne Christopher checks in with Mark Edelman about 12 O'Clock Jump. Don't forget that the weekly radio broadcasts are available as free, downloadable podcasts.

*John Hilderbrand, the Kansas City-area founder of ContemporaryJazz.com, remembers his introduction to the music he loves.

*Steve Penn catches up with David Basse and Dennis Winslett.

*Follow Alaadeen on Twitter.

*I stumbled across a nice cache of videos at Vimeo featuring Bukeka Shoals and Ken Lovern's OJT performing at The Blue Room.

*Katharine Wright of UMKC's Institute For Urban Education issued a press release about an August 6 "Sunset Sounds" program for young musicians.

*I succeeded in inspiring several notable comments in response to the previous Plastic Sax post. I acknowledge that I have a peculiar way of showing it, but I'm quite appreciative of all my readers. Thank you.

(Original image by Plastic Sax.)

1 comment:

John Hilderbrand said...

Thanks for the mention, Bill! I'm always impressed by your dedication to Plastic Sax. Long live this site!