Sunday, November 30, 2014
Plastic Sax's Top Albums of 2014
Plastic Sax's Favorite Kansas City-Related Jazz Albums of 2014
1. Peter Schlamb- Tinks (Plastic Sax review.)
2. Pat Metheny Unity Group- Kin (Plastic Sax review.)
3. The Project H- We Live Among the Lines (Plastic Sax review.)
4. Diverse- Our Journey (Plastic Sax review.)
5. Jorge Arana Trio- Oso (Plastic Sax review.)
6. Frank Wess- Magic 201
7. Everette DeVan- For the Love of You (Plastic Sax review.)
8. J.E. Chapman- 364 Days (Plastic Sax review.)
9. David Basse- The Hero and the Lover… (Plastic Sax review.)
10. Shades of Jade- Fingerprinted Memories (Plastic Sax review.)
Plastic Sax's Favorite Jazz Albums of 2014 From Elsewhere
1. Flying Lotus- You're Dead!
2. Kris Bowers- Heroes + Misfits
3. Danilo Pérez- Panama 500
4. David Binney- Anacapa
5. Ambrose Akinmusire- The Imagined Savior Is Far Easier to Paint
6. Takuya Kuroda- Rising Son
7. Bohren & der Club of Gore- Piano Nights
8. GoGo Penguin- v2.0
9. Regina Carter- Southern Comfort
10. Oliver Lake Organ Quartet- What I Heard
Similar year-end listings were published at Plastic Sax in 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010.
(Original image by Plastic Sax.)
Posted by Happy In Bag at 6:09 PM
Labels: David Basse, Diverse, Everette DeVan, Frank Wess, J.E. Chapman, Jazz, Jorge Arana Trio, Kansas City, Pat Metheny, Peter Schlamb, Project H, Shades of Jade
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
That's a good list, but if it were me, I'd put Bob Bowman's new CD right at the top - check it out.
Nice to see Flying Lotus at the top of your list. Not my favorite of the year, but hats off to you and him for putting a needle in the arm of the current day jazz scene. (And aren't you an old dude? - ha!)
Thank you for keeping this blog going for so many years. I've seen so many jazz web sites, venues, and musicians come & go over time, but The Plastic Sax blog has been consistent for years. Hope you know there's people out here checking it out. Your calendar is very helpful. Keep Jazz Alive!!!
Post a Comment