Three unrelated facts about may tell Plastic Sax readers all they need to know about jazz-rock guitarist Todd Clouser.
- He was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and is currently based in Baja, Mexico.
- He covers Harry Nilsson's "One" on A Love Electric, his invigorating new album on the Ropeadope label.
- He's performing at the Record Bar on Sunday, February 20, as part of Jeff Harshbarger's Alternative Jazz series.
- Trumpeter Steve Bernstein, perhaps best known for his work with Sex Mob, is a frequent Clouser collaborator. (I don't know if Bernstein will be with the band for the gig in Kansas City.)
- The band might also cover Led Zeppelin and Nirvana.
- CD Baby suggests the new album is "recommended if you like Jeff Beck, Marc Ribot, Medeski, Martin and Wood." That's about right.
(Original image by Plastic Sax.)
Hey, Bill - The publicists told me that Steven Bernstein is not on this tour. Clouser will be in St. Louis a couple of nights later, with what I presume will be the same band he'll use in KC: Adam Meckler (trumpet), Chris Bates (bass), and Greg Schutte (drums).
Post a Comment