Thursday, May 21, 2009

Now's the Time: Logan Richardson


While it ranked as my 17th favorite concert of 2008, Stefon Harris's November performance at the Folly Theater occasionally risked becoming overly cerebral. Each time things became a tad too flighty, the work of saxophonist Logan Richardson steered the proceedings back toward terra firma. His somewhat menacing presence seemed to ground Harris' band. Richardson is featured at Jardine's Tuesday and Wednesday, May 26-27. (EDIT: He'll also be at The Blue Room on Saturday, May 30.)

4 comments:

Janette said...

Though I never comment, and never even follow any of your jazz concert recommendations, I follow your blog faithfully in my RSS reader and have a huge appreciation for what you do. Excellent stuff.

I swear I'll get out there one of these days.

Thank you!

Happy In Bag said...

Thanks, Janette! That means a lot coming from you. I encourage all 17 Plastic Sax readers to follow Janette back to Fashion Loves People.

punkyjunk said...

if anyone misses logan @ jardine's on tuesday/wednesday, he'll also be at the blue room on saturday, may 30, 8:30PM, $10 cover.

i also hear a rumor that pat metheny is involved in logan's next project to some extent...

Happy In Bag said...

Thanks, PJ. I've edited the post accordingly.